Terms of Trade
For the settlement of orders, the general terms of trade are applicable to advertising.
General terms for advertising
1. An advertising order, as defined by the general trade conditions, is the contract for the publication of one or more advertisements, inserts or supplements of an advertiser.
2. In case publication of advertisements has not been confirmed, these must be cancelled within one year after conclusion of the contract.
3. The orderer is responsible for the punctual submittance of appropriate and perfect print material or supplements. For discernibly unsuitable or damaged printing materials, the advertising management demands immediate replacement. For advertisement orders or changes made by telephone and for mistakes due to illegible writing, the advertising management will not be held liable for the correct reproduction. If any defects in the materials are not immediately recognized but only come to light when printed, the orderer has no claims for incorrect or inadequate printing. This also applies to the incorrect repetition of advertisments, if the orderer does not indicate the mistake in time before the printing of the next advertisement.
4. The advertising department reserves the right to refuse - according to factually justified principles of the editorial office - orders for advertisements and supplements by reason of the contents, origin or technical form, if the content violates laws or official regulations or if its publication is unacceptable. The orderer will immediately be informed of the rejection of an order.
5. Orders for advertisements and additional supplements, which should only be published in certain editions or in certain places of the journal, have to be sent to the advertising department as early as possible in order to inform the orderer before the deadline for advertisements, if the order cannot be executed.
6. Advertisements, which cannot be recognized as advertisements due to their editorial layout, will be cleary marked with the word "Advertisement" by the advertising department.
7. Proofs will only be submitted on special request. The orderer is responsible for the correctness of the returned proof. All corrections indicated within the time limit set when sending the proof will be considered by the advertising department.
8. The advertising department guarantees the perfect typografic reproduction of the advertisement. In case of a completely or partially illegible or incorrect or incomplete print of the advertisement, the orderer has the right to ask for a price reduction or a perfect compensation advertisement, but only to such an extent as the intention of the advertisment was impaired. The advertising office does not assume any further responsibilities. The oderer cannot assert a claim, in case of incorrectly printed control indications.
9. The orderer is retroactively entitled to receive the corresponding discount on the actual number of his advertisments published within one year's time, if he placed an order prior to this term which, by virtue of the price list, grants him a discount from the outset.
10. The discounts indicated in the price list are only granted for the advertisements published during one year. The set term starts with the publication of the first advertisement. Possible discounts for prepayment will be granted according to the price list.
11. The invoice is to be paid within 30 days of the invoice date, unless other terms of payment or prepayment in the individual case have been agreed upon. In case of default or deferment of payment, interests in the amount of 2% over the discount rate of the "Deutsche Bank" as well as collection costs will be charged; the advertising department can defer the further execution of the order until receipt of payment.